It is essential to know What is detox treatment before going for the treatment. Drug detoxification is the initial step of the full rehabilitation program. It offers assistance and support to recover from drug addiction. Detox helps you reduce fatal consequences or unpleasant feelings while going through a detoxification.
The sudden withdrawal from the intake of drugs or alcohol can create abnormal symptoms. The effect can be both emotional and physical. It varies from mild anxiety to severe cases of hallucination and delirium tremens. In some cases, these symptoms can cause danger to life.
After you know what is detox treatment, let us know its symptoms. When the detoxification process has just started, it affects the patient depending upon their severity. For patients who are severely addicted, the symptoms can be intense. For those who are mildly addicted, these symptoms will pass soon. The medical staff and psychiatric professional continuously support you to reduce the pain and provide effective results. The initial symptoms of detoxifications are:
- Running nose
These symptoms get worse day by day while some continue to stay for weeks. As the quantity of drugs or alcohol in your system reduces, these problems become more noticeable. The physicians provide support to those who need it first. If you are suffering from more severe conditions, you will be addressed first. As these patients require immediate assistance, or it can be a life-threatening situation. Some extreme cases involve the following:
- Violence: Some addict, after the therapy, develops anger behavior. Most people who take bath salts as drugs tend to hurt themselves. Their violent behavior are threatening to the staff as well. So they are mostly given sedatives to keep them calm, and some are even restraints. But these steps are only taken in dangerous situations.
- Psychosis: Patients who are addicted to cocaine generally experience symptoms of psychosis. In the situation, they become paranoid and start getting auditory and visual hallucinations. In some cases, It can also cause a lack of sleep or fatigue—the patient who is suffering from the symptom uncertainly and becomes unpredictable.
- Injury: In some cases, people may start hurting themselves. As they take powerful drugs, they develop a feeling of extraordinary power and strength. These misconceptions lead them to hurt themselves, thinking that nothing can hurt them. In this delusion, they can also commit suicide. Even if suicide is not completed, they get injured in the process. These patients require immediate care and protection.
- Medical illness: Many people with chronic pain are give opioid painkillers to release the pain. Consequently, many develop a dependence on the medication hence causing addiction. To treat the addiction, they go through detoxification from prescribed opioids, causing the withdrawal symptoms. So it is essential to know the history of the patient before curing them.
- Physical problems: The patient also goes through other physical problems like headache, running nose, shaking, tremors, increased heartbeat, and blood pressure. There may also be an increased sense of cravings. You won’t be able to think about anything else but to use drugs.
If you are experiencing extreme withdrawal symptoms, then you must immediately call for help. It is best to detoxify yourself under proper medical support. If you want to know more about what is detox treatment and about addiction, you can click the link http://egoaddiction.com/ .